Skincare Routine 2016
- Remove Makeup. My favorite makeup removing wipes are the Simple Skincare brand, they don't irritate my skin or burn my eyes. I know that they aren't the best out there but I have tried my fair share of makeup removers and even the organic ones like the Yes To brand and Pacifica sometimes tend to irritate my skin and eyes.
- Cleanse and Exfoliate skin. I normally only exfoliate 3 times a week, I cleanse my skin every night, I'm really enjoying this Ocean Cleansing Mudd by OSEA. I use about 2 or 3 pumps and work into my skin for about 1 to 2 minutes, it makes your skin very tingly but in a good way, it doesn't burn, it's just a intense cooling sensation and when you rinse it off, it's like you can literally feel your skin breathing, like air is coming out of your pores. I love the way it makes my skin feel and look.
- Tone. Once I'm done washing my face I wait about a minute or two and then mist OSEA's Sea Mist all over my face and neck. Make sure you close your eyes while misting, ha I got it in my eyes by accident and it stung just a little.
- Moisturize. I tend to rotate out between 2 different moisturizers depending on how my skin is feeling at the moment. On nights where my skin is feeling oily to normal I use OSEA's Atmosphere Protection Cream, I dab a dot on my forehead, both cheeks and chin and neck, then I pat it into my skin until it's thoroughly absorbed. I love the smell of this moisturizer and it's not heavy at all. It has a very barely there light feel to the skin. On nights that my skin is feeling tight and dry or dull I use a facial moisturizer by Raw Gaia called Organic Hemp Heaven Moisturizer, it has a butter like consistency, after I pat it into my skin I can still feel it there just a little, it's not greasy at all, just a light hydrating feel to the skin, I love to use this moisturizer especially in the winter months when my skin has more of a dry feel to it.
- Spot Treat. I use several different products to "spot treat" my problem areas. I have a combination of hormonal acne and Perioral Dermatitis, so it's very hard for me to find skincare that helps with both my problems. I use a detoxifying mask 2-3x a week from my skincare line Bloom Organics, I mix the mask with a blend of raw organic honey and leave the mask on for about 30 minutes or longer depending on if I want a deep treatment. I also use this mask to spot treat any blemishes that I feel popping up. I also use oil blend spot treatments on the deep pesky cystic type acne that seems to form when I'm under stress which is always (haha). I rotate out between Just Natural Manuka Honey Acne Treatment and OSEA Essential Corrective Complex so that way my skin won't get use to just one product. I love these two treatments. I use them over night on my problem areas and by the morning after I wash my face the acne is reduced or gone. I love that it doesn't dry out my skin, it helps to heal the acne instead of just drying it out like other acne products can do.
- Background on my skin type: I have sensitive acne prone combination skin, sometimes it tends to be on the oily side but lately it's been more on the combination to dry side since I switched to using only natural products on my skin. I have issues with hormonal acne and I also have a skin disorder called Perioral Dermatitis. I am in no way stating you should run out and buy these products, just sharing what has worked for me the past few months after searching for years to find the right combination of products that won't irritate my skin. Always pay attention to the product label, what goes onto your body is just as important as what goes into your body.
Ingredients that I DO NOT use in my skincare or makeup:
- SLS (Sodium Laurel Sulfate)
- Synthetic Fragrance
- Mineral Oil
- Artificial Dyes
- Silicone's (Dimethicone, Cyclomethicone and Cyclopentasiloxane)
For more information you can go to the Environmental Group website on safe cosmetics and skincare and learn more about what's in YOUR products.